Vintage Sarouk Rug, Persian, Woollen, Dozar, Hall, Lounge, Carpet, Circa 1930
Our Stock # 18.7128
This is a vintage Sarouk rug. A Persian, woollen Dozar sized hall or lounge carpet, dating to the early 20th century, circa 1930.
- A traditional Dozar sized rug at 219cm (86.25") x 130cm (51.25")
- Displaying a desirably aged patina with decades of gentle sun fading and minimal wear
- Wonderfully ornate woven pile with dark blue ground and mellow cream and blush pink hues
- Comfortable underfoot feel ideal for the entrance hall or lounge
- Arranged with a central medallion issuing a melange of flowers and foliage
- Striking shaped corners with foliate motif against a pink and cream background
- Trio of tramline borders decorate the edges with flowers and linked patterns
- Tightly arranged, short tassels to both ends in good order
This is a charming vintage Sarouk rug from the North-west of Persia. Sarouk was a favoured centre for American exports in the early 20th century thanks to their overall foliate taste. This appealing example is delivered ready to be laid.
Max Width: 130cm (51.25'')
Max Depth: 1cm (.5'')
Max Height: 219cm (86.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World