Vintage Ladder Back Study Chair, Irish, Leather, Elbow Seat, Carver, Art Deco
Our Stock # 18.7848
This is a vintage ladder back study chair. An Irish, mahogany elbow seat or carver, dating to the Art Deco period, circa 1940.
- Striking chair in Irish Chippendale revival taste
- Of generously wide profile for comfortable modern use
- Displaying a desirable aged patina throughout
- Select mahogany offers rich caramel hues
- Upholstered in a pleasingly patinated light caramel leather
- Pierced ladder back with sinuous forms following the 'Chippendale ear' top rail
- Delightful arms with scrolled knuckles rising upon a serpentine support
- Press stud trim accentuates the seat rail across the bowed front
- Raised upon square section front legs, gently splayed to rear - united by H-stretcher
This is a dashing vintage ladder back study chair, with fascinating revival overtones of the Chippendale manner. Pleasingly aged leather can be reupholstered to individual taste. Delivered waxed, polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 63.5cm (25'')
Max Depth: 54.5cm (21.5'')
Max Height: 93cm (36.5'')
Seat Width: 53cm (20.75'')
Seat Depth: 45.5cm (18'')
Seat Height: 45cm (17.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World