Very Large Antique Travel Suitcase, English, Leather, Steamer, Shipping Trunk
Our Stock # 18.6342
This is a very large travel suitcase. An English, leather steamer or shipping trunk, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Generously sized for the grandest of tours
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Rich, sturdy leather in delightful caramel hues
- Braced with oak stiles and leather shoulders
- Large leather straps with a quartet of buckles
- Decorated with period travel labels for visual interest
- Marked with the name Calmady-Hamlyn - a high-ranking British officer and Justice of Peace
- Dark maroon fabric lining to the interior
- Full-width removable stowage tray
- Lid interior complete with a ruched fabric pocket
This is a fascinatingly large antique suitcase and in wonderful order. Solid joints and construction, delivered polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 105cm (41.25'')
Max Depth: 57cm (22.5'')
Max Height: 34cm (13.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World