Set of Six Antique Dining Chairs, English, Victorian, Mahogany, Shoolbred, c1840
Our Stock # 18.5558
This is a set of six antique dining chairs. English, Victorian mahogany chairs dating to the early 19th century, circa 1840 and later retailed by Shoolbred, London.
- A superior set of chairs in select mahogany with a desirable patina
- Good colour and grain interest in a wax polished finish
- Craftsman's marks to the inner legs
- Retail badge: 'James Shoolbred & Co., Tottenham House, London'
- Raised on gently tapering, turned and fluted front legs with swept rears
- Classic lines to the shaped stiles, dished crest rail and back rest
- Well executed, reeded delineation to the stiles and crest rail
- Scrolled flute decoration adding interest to the crest rail
- Traditionally stuffed, stuff-over seat pads, easily recovered to suit and décor
- Finished in a classic pale cloth, some minor marks consistent with careful use
- Matching brocade trim finish
- Of quality craftsmanship, suitable for daily use
A desirable set of six antique dining chairs. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 49cm (19.25'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 87.5cm (34.5'')
Seat Width: 49cm (19.25'')
Seat Depth: 40.5cm (16'')
Seat Height: 48cm (19'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.