Set of Six Antique Dining Chairs, English, Victorian, Mahogany, Shoolbred, c1840
Our Stock # 18.5558
This is a set of six antique dining chairs. English, Victorian mahogany chairs dating to the early 19th century, circa 1840 and later retailed by Shoolbred, London.
- A superior set of chairs in select mahogany with a desirable patina
- Good colour and grain interest in a wax polished finish
- Craftsman's marks to the inner legs
- Retail badge: 'James Shoolbred & Co., Tottenham House, London'
- Raised on gently tapering, turned and fluted front legs with swept rears
- Classic lines to the shaped stiles, dished crest rail and back rest
- Well executed, reeded delineation to the stiles and crest rail
- Scrolled flute decoration adding interest to the crest rail
- Traditionally stuffed, stuff-over seat pads, easily recovered to suit and décor
- Finished in a classic pale cloth, some minor marks consistent with careful use
- Matching brocade trim finish
- Of quality craftsmanship, suitable for daily use
A desirable set of six antique dining chairs. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 49cm (19.25'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 87.5cm (34.5'')
Seat Width: 49cm (19.25'')
Seat Depth: 40.5cm (16'')
Seat Height: 48cm (19'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World