Large Antique Suitcase, English, Leather, Gentleman's Travelling Case, Edwardian
Our Stock # 18.8533
This is a large antique suitcase. An English, leather and brass gentleman's travelling case by Tom Hill - Sloane Street, dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
- Of superb size and finish, this case is a treat to carry
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Quality leather with striking caramel hues, and wonderful patination
- Finished with matching caramel stitched seams to the edges
- Stout leather handle with bonded leather mounts and the initials C.H.W.C.
- Dressed with sliding clasps with working through locks — key present
- Opens upon leather strap stays to reveal the clean, waxed interior
- Press stud borders decorate the ends for further stability
- Fascinating brass shamrock mounts add protection to the corners
- Set the case down with reassurance upon protective brass studs
- Maker's mark reads Tom Hill - Sloane Street, London
This is a superb antique suitcase, with excellent finish and proportion. Delivered ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 71.5cm (28.25'')
Max Depth: 18.5cm (7.25'')
Max Height: 42cm (16.5'')
Interior Width: 67.5cm (26.5'')
Interior Depth: 38.5cm (15.25'')
Interior Height: 17.5cm (7'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World