Large Antique Shipping Chest, English, Oak, Carriage Trunk, Georgian, Circa 1800
Our Stock # 18.7191
This is a large antique shipping chest. An English, oak carriage trunk, dating to the late 18th century Georgian period, circa 1800.
- Beautiful dome-top chest with superb finish
- Displaying a desirable aged patina
- Select oak offers fine grain interest and bountiful medullary rays
- Rich caramel and russet hues invite the viewer beneath a wax polish finish
- Striking sarcophagus form adds distinction
- Stout dome lid opens smoothly upon external iron strap hinges
- Three plank top with steam bent curvature and appealing figuring
- Dressed with a pair of small circular handles to the front
- Small oval lock escutcheon to front with large antique lock within — key absent
- Large, pleasingly weathered iron drop handles to each side
- Attractive show dovetails to corners a testament to the strong form
- Prominent plinth resides above a shaped apron to front and rear
- Riding upon a useful set of rollers set within the base
This is a superb large antique shipping chest. Fascinating in its sarcophagus shape, the generous height offers itself for grand voyages or practical storage within the household. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 128cm (50.5'')
Max Depth: 59cm (23.25'')
Max Height: 82cm (32.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World