Large Antique Sarcophagus Cellarette, English, Mahogany, Wine Cooler, Regency
Our Stock # 18.7759
This is a large antique sarcophagus cellarette. An English, mahogany and lead lined wine cooler or centrepiece, dating to the Regency period, circa 1830.
- Striking Regency centrepiece of superb form and proportion
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in very good order
- Select mahogany presents fascinating grain interest
- Rich caramel hues beam beneath a wax polish finish
- Sarcophagus form with deep, splayed lid over tapering body
- Opening smoothly to reveal the lead lined interior
- Divided into six compartments to keep your wine bottles chilled
- Dressed with small, inset lock to fore — key absent
- Stout plinth base, with 360-degree finish ideal for central room placement
This is an alluring antique sarcophagus cellarette, with superb proportion and delightful finish. Of superior craftsmanship, the cooler is as useful today as it was nearly 200 years ago. Can be used as a distinctive centrepiece to any room or as a coffee table. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 71.5cm (28.25'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 51cm (20'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World