Large Antique Platform Mirror, Mahogany, English, Victorian Vanity Circa 1860
Our Stock # 11.3491
This is a large (over 3 feet tall!) antique platform mirror in mahogany. English Victorian vanity, circa 1860.
- A large adjustable mirror of country house proportions
- Fine mahogany displaying grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Good consistent colour in a waxed polish finish
- Stout, heavy platform featuring a serpentine front
- Raised on gadrooned bun feet at all four corners
- Bracketed swan neck risers supporting aged mirror plate
- Turned adjustment knobs with roundel detail
- Convex 'cushion' mirror frame
Rare to find at this large size. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 68.5cm (27'')
Max Depth: 40.5cm (16'')
Max Height: 96.5cm (38'')
Max Width: 43cm (17'')
Max Depth: 74cm (29.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.