Antique Writing Table, English, Regency, Mahogany, Davenport, Circa 1820
Our Stock # 18.5671
This is an antique writing table, an English, Regency, mahogany, open Davenport dating to the early 19th century, circa 1820.
- Of quality craftsmanship in select mahogany
- Good colour with a desirable aged patina
- Grain interest throughout with a wax polished finish
- Three-quarter brass railed gallery
- Olive green leather skiver, twin tooled in gold
- 'Pull and turn' pen tray to the right hand side
- Extending document slide to the left
- Brass keyhole lining to the frieze
- Featuring a full functional lock and key
- The fall lifts and holds on a brass stay to reveal storage within
- Raised on magnificent, tapering column legs
- Capped and footed with gilt brass capitols and mounts
- Over trestle legs riding upon the original brass castors
A delightful antique writing table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 63.5cm (25'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 78.5cm (31'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.