Antique Writing Desk, English, Walnut, Table, James Shoolbred, Victorian, 1880
Our Stock # 18.6593
This is an antique writing desk. An English, walnut table, by the renowned James Shoolbred company, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Superb, eye-catching writing desk
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select walnut shows fine grain interest
- Rich caramel hues throughout its wax polish finish
- Stout, tiered top with gently chamfered edges
- A suite of two cabinets arranged either side of a central drawer
- Wonderful field panel fronts with cockbeading and inset burr walnut frieze
- Cabinets dressed with shaped brass lock escutcheons and ornate pierced brass hinges — key absent
- Central drawer replete with brass drop handle over a pierced back plate
- Top of drawer features the JAS Shoolbred maker's mark
- Demi-lune fan carving sits above the kneehole at a height of 60cm (23.5")
- Standing upon elegant, reeded tapering legs and riding upon brass and ceramic castors
This is a beautiful antique writing desk, by the renowned James Shoolbred of London. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 128.5cm (50.5'')
Max Depth: 63cm (24.75'')
Max Height: 80cm (31.5'')
Kneehole Height: 60cm (23.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World