Antique Whatnot, Irish, Burr Walnut, Mirror Stand Robert Strahan & Co Circa 1840
Our Stock # 18.5179
This is an antique whatnot, an Irish, burr walnut, three tier, mirror-back, display stand by the highly regarded Robert Strahan & Co. firm of Dublin, Ireland. Dating to the early to mid 19th century, circa 1840.
- Of exceptional quality befitting of such a renowned cabinet maker
- The well figured, burr walnut displays beautifully in the lustrous wax polished finish
- The three serpentine tiers feature chamfered profiles
- Raised on inverted bell flower pillars, turned and carved
- To the lower rear, expertly executed, intertwining 'C' scroll brackets
- Riding upon mushroom legs over brass castors
- The shaped mirror plate is framed in a complex moulding
- Supported by a repetition of the pierced 'C' scroll brakets
- Dressed with foliate carvings and surmounted by a pierced, stylised garland
A fine example of the firm's craftsmanship. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 120.5cm (47.5'')
Max Depth: 40.75cm (16'')
Max Height: 155cm (61'')
Counter Height: 98cm (38.5'')
Shelf Heights: 36cm (14.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World