Antique Wardrobe, Howard and Sons, London, Oak, Linen Cupboard, Compactum C.1900
Our Stock # 18.6079
This is an antique wardrobe by Howard and Sons of London. An English, oak linen cupboard, or compactum, dating to the late 19th century, circa 1900.
- Crafted in select oak displaying rich biscuit hues with consistent tone
- Grain interest throughout with a desirable aged patina
- Wisps of medullary rays highlighted by the wax polished finish
- From the sought after cabinet maker, Howard and Sons, Berners St., London
- Of good proportion, the design accentuated with subtle tramline decoration
- Hanging cupboard opposite a garment cupboard, over three graduated drawers, over full-width jumper drawer
- The doors dressed with brass lock escutcheons and drop handles, key absent
- A modest crown moulding and continuous plinth base framing the cabinet beautifully
- The single-width hanging cupboard enclosed by a door featuring the original, quality mirror plate
- A suite of brass hooks dress the wardrobe compartment making the most of the hanging space
- The smaller cupboard door with domed top and boarded field panel
- A shelf divides the space within offering generous storage
- The drawers run smoothly and are dressed with solid brass drop handles
This is a fine example of an antique wardrobe by Howard and Sons. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 128cm (50.5'')
Max Depth: 61cm (24'')
Max Height: 194cm (76.5’')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World