Antique Wardrobe, English, Walnut, Compactum, R. James Gloucester, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.5486
This is an antique wardrobe in English walnut, a compactum bearing the cabinet makers name plate to the rear reading 'R. James Art Cabinet Maker & Carpet Factor, 14 Northgate St. Gloucester' and dating to the late Victorian period circa 1900.
- Of quality craftsmanship offering generous storage
- English walnut with field panels and carved interest
- Good colour throughout with a desirable aged patina
- Raised on a bracketed plinth base and capped with a deep crown moulding
- A pair of hanging cupboards with hooks, rail and folding tie rack
- The doors with bevel edged, shaped mirror plates
- Decorative carved panels with shaped field panels to the centre door
- Above a pair of deep drawers dressed with brass drop handles
A super wardrobe in very good antique condition. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 177cm (69.75'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 215cm (84.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.