Antique Telescope, Three Draw, Refractor, Georgian, C. West, London c.1820
Our Stock # 18.5768
This is an antique telescope, a three draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use. An English Georgian piece by C. West of London dating to circa 1820.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky. Supplied ready to enjoy.
- Engraved 'C West London' to the eye cup
- Presenting a clear, sharp optical performance
- Original leather sleeve for protection in the field
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
- Parallel, painted fruitwood primary barrel
- Brass draw tubes in good order
- Offering a smooth draw action and easy focus
- 38mm, 1.5" achromatic objective lens
- Lens cap and swivel dust cover to flared eye cup
An historic, period piece as good to use today as it was two hundred years ago.
Max Width: 26cm (10.25'')
Max Depth: 71.5cm (28.25'')
Max Height: 4cm (1.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World