Antique Sewing Table, English, Needlepoint Tapestry, Crafting Stand, William IV
Our Stock # 18.9653
This is an antique sewing table. An English, rosewood and needlepoint tapestry crafting stand, dating to the William IV period, circa 1835.
- Exceptional sewing table, with glamorous interior and beautiful appearance
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in very good order throughout
- Select stocks present superb grain interest and deep chestnut and caramel hues
- Textured paper interior presents a shock of scarlet red to great effect
- Glazed circular top gently secured upon an inset pin lock mechanism
- Delightful circular tapestry with foliate needlepoint decor
- Sash shaped apron crafted from scrolled mounts over a dramatic tapering riser
- Top removes to reveal the octagonal compartment interior with central lidded section
- Adorned with gilt trim, the lid opens to reveal the clean wool basket within
- Lid reverse finished with green baize to create a laptop sewing tray
- Lobed hexagonal base adjoins the support with a carved octagonal collar
- Standing proudly upon a trio of excellent lion paw feet
This is a striking antique sewing table, with an exquisite appearance. Unmarked as such, but showing the quality of finish associated with Gillows, Lancaster. Solid joints and construction, delivered ready for the home.
Max Width: 38cm (15'')
Max Depth: 38cm (15'')
Max Height: 72.5cm (28.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World