Antique Set of Four Dining Chairs, Victorian, Rosewood, Howard & Sons Circa 1880
Our Stock # 18.5563
This is an antique set of four dining chairs, English, Victorian, rosewood chairs stamped Howard & Sons, Berners St., London and dating to circa 1880.
- Superior set of four period chairs in rosewood
- Grain interest, of good colour and a desirable aged patina
- Exceptional quality decorated with fine carved detail
- Shaped crest rail featuring pierced carved foliate detail
- Upholstered, show back, backrests, dished for comfort
- Cabriole legs with fan knee, sinuous, swept rear legs
- Serpentine seat rail and traditional stuff over seat pads
- Upholstered in an olive green damask cloth displaying signs of careful use
- Offering a solid, stable and comfortable seat
One chair stamped with the much sought after makers name ' Howard & Sons, Berners St. Oxford St., London'. A very fine set of four antique dining chairs. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 49cm (19.25'')
Max Depth: 46cm (18'')
Max Height: 94cm (37'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 37cm (14.5'')
Seat Height: 45cm (17.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World