Antique School Desk, Elm, Pitch Pine, Geo M Hammer & Co Ltd London, Circa 1910
Our Stock # 18.5040
This is an antique schools desk in elm, pitch pine and cedar by Geo. M. Hammer & Co. Ltd London dating to circa 1910.
- Fine example in very good order throughout
- Desirable patina and grain interest
- Sliding desk unit for ease of access for the student
- Fall opens on quality hinging to reveal voluminous storage within
- Small up-stand and folding book rest to rear of desk unit
- Original ink well cover engraved with the maker's name
- To the rear of the desk a book rack for convenience
- Shaped saddle seat slab raised on stout stiles
- Gently dished backrest for comfort
Rare to find in such good condition. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 56cm (22'')
Max Depth: 86.25cm (34'')
Max Height: 85cm (33.5'')
Seat Width: 30cm (11.75'')
Seat Depth: 33cm (13'')
Seat Height: 48cm (19'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.