Geo. M. Hammer & Co. Ltd, London
Geo. M. Hammer & Co., 370 Strand, London
Operating in the 19th and early 20th centuries, Hammer were an old English furnisher, in their words; 'Manufacturers of every description of school, institute, library, mission and church furniture'.
Based out of Crown Works, St. James' Road, Bermonsey, SE16 with showrooms on the first floor at 430, Strand London W.C., they were prolific manufacturers.
Highly acclaimed at several international shows winning a prize medal in London, 1867, silver medals in Paris 1878 and Sydney 1879 and a gold in Melbourne 1880.
© London Fine Ltd, 2018
No part of this web site text may be modified or changed or exploited in any way used for derivative works, or offered for sale, or used to construct any kind of database or mirrored at any other location without the express written permission of the author.