Antique Salon Chair, English, Walnut, Armchair, Early Victorian, Circa 1840
Our Stock # 18.8489
This is an antique salon chair. An English, walnut armchair, dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1840.
- Beautifully appointed salon chair with relaxing, lounge or fireside appeal
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select walnut presents wonderful caramel hues and skilful, carved decoration
- Traditionally stuffed cushions with a quality patterned upholstery
- Tall spoon back with a crested top rail of scrolled leaf carvings
- Button back lumbar cushion narrows to the waist with scrolled frame ends
- Broad elbow pads supported upon serpentine arms with gadrooned knuckles
- Bow-front seat cushion above a shaped front apron rail
- Flowing ivy green brocade trim accentuates the upholstery borders
- Cabriole legs to the fore with prominent carved knees over pad feet
- Distinctive splayed and canted legs support the rear
- Riding smoothly upon a set of four ceramic castors
This is a classically appealing antique salon chair, with delightful form and quality appearance. Read to enjoy and benefiting from a quality professional reupholstering, the chair can be altered to individual taste. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 66cm (26'')
Max Depth: 82.5cm (32.5'')
Max Height: 100cm (39.25'')
Seat Width: 51cm (20'')
Seat Depth: 48cm (19'')
Seat Height: 45.5cm (18'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World