Antique Purdonium, Table and Coal Box, English, Walnut, Early 20th Century c1910
Our Stock # 18.5932
This is an antique purdonium, a tilt-top table and coal box. An English, Edwardian, walnut side table dating to the early 20th century, circa 1910.
- A fascinating Edwardian example in very good condition
- Walnut displays fine colour and grain interest throughout
- Brass maker's mark reads; 'The Barr Patent, Coalette' alongside a coat of arms.
- Continuous plinth base and riding upon original casters
- Tabletop folds away and is held in place by a brass catch when elevated
- Support is provided by a classical revival, square section post
- The lower cabinet's hinged lid opens pleasingly in conjunction with the pair of doors
- The original, removable metal lining tray resides inside
This example of Edwardian practicality offers solid joints and construction. Purdonium will be delivered waxed, polished and ready for fireside duties.
Max Width: 36cm (14.25'')
Max Depth: 34.5cm (13.5'')
Max Height: 78.5cm (31'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World