Antique Purdonium, Scottish, Oak, Coal, Fireside Log Bin, Victorian, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 18.5413
This is an antique Purdonium, a Scottish, oak coal or fireside log bin in the Victorian classical revival taste dating to c.1880.
- Very versatile offering use for coal, logs or kindling, or simply as a decorative item
- Delightful rich, dark hues to the oak with grain interest and wisps of medullary rays
- Galleried top up-stand decorated with carved detail and shaped brackets
- Smooth opening fall with turned pull reveals voluminous storage within
- Fall decorated with relief carved classical urn, fish, foliate and floral detail
- Standing upon a carved, continuous plinth base
- Complete with integral shovel holder to the rear, shovel absent
A very pleasing antique Purdonium with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished & ready for the home.
Max Width: 48cm (19'')
Max Depth: 43cm (17'')
Max Height: 56cm (22'')
Plus Up-stand: 8.5cm (3.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.