Antique Purdonium, Scottish, Oak, Coal, Fireside Log Bin, Victorian, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 18.5413
This is an antique Purdonium, a Scottish, oak coal or fireside log bin in the Victorian classical revival taste dating to c.1880.
- Very versatile offering use for coal, logs or kindling, or simply as a decorative item
- Delightful rich, dark hues to the oak with grain interest and wisps of medullary rays
- Galleried top up-stand decorated with carved detail and shaped brackets
- Smooth opening fall with turned pull reveals voluminous storage within
- Fall decorated with relief carved classical urn, fish, foliate and floral detail
- Standing upon a carved, continuous plinth base
- Complete with integral shovel holder to the rear, shovel absent
A very pleasing antique Purdonium with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished & ready for the home.
Max Width: 48cm (19'')
Max Depth: 43cm (17'')
Max Height: 56cm (22'')
Plus Up-stand: 8.5cm (3.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World