Antique Prie Dieu Chair, Early Victorian, Walnut Needlepoint Tapestry Seat c1840
Our Stock # 18.5364
This is an antique prie dieu chair, a 19th century, early Victorian chair in walnut with a needlepoint tapestry seat cover. Ideal as a bedroom side chair and dating to c.1840.
- The walnut displaying good colour and grain interest
- Raised upon well formed cabriole legs with bump knee and scrolled toe
- Swept square section legs to the rear and riding upon brass castors all round
- Professionally upholstered in a needlepoint cloth with brocade trim
- A soft pastel palette displaying bands of stylised foliate detail
- Stuff over to a serpentine seat rail and padded back and crest rail
- Traditionally stuffed with a show back; Ideal for centre room placement
A fine example of it's type, delivered waxed polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 51cm (20'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 104.5cm (41.25'')
Seat Width: 48cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 39cm (15.25'')
Seat Height: 41cm (16.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World