Antique Prie Dieu Chair, Early Victorian, Walnut Needlepoint Tapestry Seat c1840
Our Stock # 18.5364
This is an antique prie dieu chair, a 19th century, early Victorian chair in walnut with a needlepoint tapestry seat cover. Ideal as a bedroom side chair and dating to c.1840.
- The walnut displaying good colour and grain interest
- Raised upon well formed cabriole legs with bump knee and scrolled toe
- Swept square section legs to the rear and riding upon brass castors all round
- Professionally upholstered in a needlepoint cloth with brocade trim
- A soft pastel palette displaying bands of stylised foliate detail
- Stuff over to a serpentine seat rail and padded back and crest rail
- Traditionally stuffed with a show back; Ideal for centre room placement
A fine example of it's type, delivered waxed polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 51cm (20'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 104.5cm (41.25'')
Seat Width: 48cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 39cm (15.25'')
Seat Height: 41cm (16.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.