Antique Partner's Desk, John Taylor & Son, Edinburgh, Gothic, Oak, Circa 1870
Our Stock # 18.5303
This is an antique partner's desk by John Taylor and Son, Edinburgh. A Victorian, Scottish desk with ecclesiastical gothic overtones. An oak desk dating to circa 1870.
John Taylor & Son were synonymous with high quality furniture being appointed 'Cabinet-makers and Upholsterers in Ordinary to Her Majesty the Queen’ in 1852.
- Superb build quality as one would expect from a John Taylor piece
- In Scottish blonde oak with a wax polished finish
- Grain interest displaying wisps of medullary rays
- Pugin-esque gothic and ecclesiastical overtones
- Blind tooled, claret, triple set skiver work surface
- Run of three frieze solid oak drawers
- Twin, double sided pedestal cabinets with field panel doors
- Dressed with quality shaped brass furniture
- Generous kneehole decorated with pierced brackets
- Quality, four lever, brass locks present, key absent
- Cabinets open on quality brass hinging
- A shelf one side with a bank of inner drawers opposite
- Each crafted in solid oak with well executed recessed pulls
- Hidden castors beneath continuous plinth pedestals
A superior quality antique partner's desk from a renowned Victorian cabinet maker.
Max Width: 168cm (66.25'')
Max Depth: 107cm (42.25'')
Max Height: 77cm (30.25'')
Kneehole Height: 61cm (24'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World