Antique Partner's Desk, John Taylor & Son, Edinburgh, Gothic, Oak, Circa 1870
Our Stock # 18.5303
This is an antique partner's desk by John Taylor and Son, Edinburgh. A Victorian, Scottish desk with ecclesiastical gothic overtones. An oak desk dating to circa 1870.
John Taylor & Son were synonymous with high quality furniture being appointed 'Cabinet-makers and Upholsterers in Ordinary to Her Majesty the Queen’ in 1852.
- Superb build quality as one would expect from a John Taylor piece
- In Scottish blonde oak with a wax polished finish
- Grain interest displaying wisps of medullary rays
- Pugin-esque gothic and ecclesiastical overtones
- Blind tooled, claret, triple set skiver work surface
- Run of three frieze solid oak drawers
- Twin, double sided pedestal cabinets with field panel doors
- Dressed with quality shaped brass furniture
- Generous kneehole decorated with pierced brackets
- Quality, four lever, brass locks present, key absent
- Cabinets open on quality brass hinging
- A shelf one side with a bank of inner drawers opposite
- Each crafted in solid oak with well executed recessed pulls
- Hidden castors beneath continuous plinth pedestals
A superior quality antique partner's desk from a renowned Victorian cabinet maker.
Max Width: 168cm (66.25'')
Max Depth: 107cm (42.25'')
Max Height: 77cm (30.25'')
Kneehole Height: 61cm (24'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.