Cart 0

John Taylor and Son, Edinburgh

John Taylor and Son, Edinburgh
(1825 – 1945)

Starting out as a cabinet maker in 1825, John Taylor established the business in West Thistle Street, Edinburgh.
Gaining success and a reputation for quality work, the business moved to 109/10 Princes Street with his son joining the firm. It was here, in 1852, John Taylor and Son were appointed 'Cabinet-makers and Upholsterers in Ordinary to Her Majesty the Queen.
Further expansion came in the latter part of that decade in 1857, when they established their Rosemount Cabinet Works at Gardner’s Court, going on to become one of the largest, and best regarded, cabinet makers in Victorian Scotland employing several hundred local people.

John Taylor and Son furniture is synonymous with high quality cabinet making of contemporarily fashionable furniture in the finest materials.
© London Fine Ltd, 2016
No part of this web site text may be modified or changed or exploited in any way used for derivative works, or offered for sale, or used to construct any kind of database or mirrored at any other location without the express written permission of the author.