Antique Oval Table, English, Burr Walnut, Centre, Side, Victorian, Circa 1870
Our Stock # 18.6453
This is an antique oval table. An English, burr walnut centre or side table, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1870.
- Beautiful figuring and craftsmanship
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Burr walnut shows fine grain interest
- Rich caramel hues to its wax polish finish
- Superb top, benefiting from quarter book-matched veneer
- Gold tooling inlay with a floral centrepiece inside a perimeter sash with quadrant shield motif
- Rolled edge moulding with beaded apron beneath
- Raised upon elegantly twisted reed legs with appealing baluster forms
- Finely carved acanthus bulbs create the surmount to the knees
- Squat cabriole legs with foliate carved knees, and drop pendant finials
- United by a tapering, twist reed stretcher
- Riding smoothly upon brass and ceramic castors
This is a delightful antique centre table, with high visual appeal and beautiful burr walnut grain. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 104cm (41'')
Max Depth: 59.5cm (23.5'')
Max Height: 70cm (27.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World