Antique Mounted Whatnot Cabinet, English, Walnut, Display Cupboard, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.9517
This is an antique mounted whatnot cabinet. An English, walnut display cupboard with gallery upper dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1890.
- Charming example of late Victorian cabinetry with quality detail work
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select walnut stocks present fine grain interest
- Rich caramel hues with a warm colour balance beam beneath the wax polish finish
- Decorative interest to the upper with an open display gallery of turned balusters
- Shaped stiles accentuated with fretwork foliate motif adding distinction
- Open centre section with a flat display surface, ideal for small ornaments
- Pair of striking field panel doors with fluted fascia panels
- Right-hand door dressed with an inset brass-lined lock — in working order, key present
- Generous storage to the cupboard interior for decorative ceramics or other small items
- Can be wall-mounted with brass mounting loops, or as a free-standing cabinet
This is a delightful antique mounted whatnot cabinet, with wonderful colour and attractive decorative detail. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 66cm (26'')
Max Depth: 18cm (7'')
Max Height: 61.5cm (24.25'')
Cabinet Width: 63cm (24.75'')
Cabinet Depth: 14cm (5.5'')
Cabinet Height: 25cm (9.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World