Antique Merchant's Tool Chest, English, Pine, Craftsman's Trunk, Victorian, 1900
Our Stock # 18.7632
This is an antique merchant's tool chest. An English, stained pine craftsman's trunk, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Pleasingly robust with charming personalised detail
- Displays a desirable aged patina and signs of industrial character
- Dark stained pine with deep russet hues and natural finish
- Hand-painted gold border to the front fascia, with stylised initials emblem to the centre
- Stout lid opens to reveal a two section interior
- The initials G.L.J. hand written upon the lid surface
- Pair of half-dome cup handles to the sides, with Art Nouveau taste
- Remnants of a Paddington Station travel label adds period interest
This is an appealing antique merchant's tool chest, with pleasing finish and attractive detail. Could provide a useful base for a distinctive coffee table at a height of 34.5cm (13.5"). Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready to use.
Max Width: 80cm (31.5'')
Max Depth: 41.5cm (16.25'')
Max Height: 34.5cm (13.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World