Antique Library Telescope, Terrestrial, Astronomical, Scottish E. Lennie, c.1880
Our Stock # 18.5054
This is an antique library telescope for terrestrial or astronomical use. A Scottish piece from the renowned firm, E. Lennie and dating to circa 1880.
- Larger than most presenting a clear, sharp optical performance
- Parallel, brass, primary barrel in good order, 101.5cm, 40", fully extended
- 7cm, 2.75", achromatic doublet objective lens
- Rack and pinion, fine focusing wheel
- A pair of eye tubes offering different magnifications and a single tinted filter
- Engraved 'E. Lennie, Edinburgh' to the collar
- Standing upon a robust, table top, tripod of cabriole legs and spade feet
- The fitted pitch pine case in good antique order
- Original retailers card to the inside of the lid
A super example of a Victorian library telescope that still offers a clear and sharp view.
Max Width: 101.5cm (40'')
Max Depth: 24cm (9.5'')
Max Height: 15cm (6'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 7cm (2.75'')
Maximum Drawn Length: 144cm (56.75'')
Height to Parallel on Stand: 50.75cm (20'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World