Antique Lectern, English, Oak, Oratory Stand, Ecclesiastical, Victorian, C.1900
Our Stock # 18.7409
This is an antique lectern. An English, oak oratory stand with ecclesiastical taste, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Charming, adjustable lectern with appealing ecclesiastical overtones
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select oak shows fine grain interest beneath a wax polish finish
- Presents warm caramel hues and copious medullary rays
- Generous, wide top with document rest, over square cut edge with canted corners
- Evocative of church windows, the open carved fascia offers a striking visual scene
- Shaped stile sides offer support, with pierced spade-shaped carvings
- Monogram beneath the top engraved with the initials AM
- Fascinating articulated legs - hinged toes with iron socket plates
- Independently adjustable, the toes can be arranged to add height or angle the lectern
- Engraved maker's mark to the side appears to read 'M.C. School Furnishing Co'
This is a versatile and attractively presented antique lectern, graced with fine stocks and craftsmanship. The adjustable feet provide a variety of useful positions for the orator. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home or institution.
Standard Width: 68.5cm (27'')
Standard Depth: 60cm (23.5'')
Standard Height: 99.5cm (39.25'')
Raised Width: 68.6cm (27'')
Raised Depth: 35.5cm (14'')
Raised Height: 107cm (42.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World