Antique Fireside Screen, English, Panel, Needlepoint, Tapestry, Regency, C.1830
Our Stock # 18.7038
This is an antique fireside screen. An English, ebonised mahogany and glass panel with needlepoint tapestry screen, dating to the Regency period, circa 1830.
- Alluring visual appeal for the fireside
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Ebonised mahogany frame offers deep tones beneath the wax polish finish
- Embroidered panel presented behind glass in good order
- Sinuous frame with scrolled details along the gently rolled edges
- The tapestry presenting a large foliate bouquet with colourful palette
- Emanating from a baluster urn, the bountiful foliage cascades outwards
- Turned baluster support rising from a gilt foliate bulb, boldly decorated with contrasted fluting
- Dashing tri-form base with inlaid gilt banding and squat finials to each knee
- Standing upon broad turnip feet beneath gilt circular knees
This is a delightful antique fireside screen, offering attractive protection from the heat of a roaring fireplace. Lovingly finished in striking, contrasting tones, this screen is set to grace any room. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 55cm (21.75'')
Max Depth: 40cm (15.75'')
Max Height: 131.5cm (51.75'')
Panel Width: 45cm (17.75'')
Panel Height: 55cm (21.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World