Antique Elbow Chair, English, Beech, Elm, Smoker's Bow, Captain, Victorian, 1900
Our Stock # 18.7945
This is an antique elbow chair. An English, beech and elm smoker's bow or captain's chair, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Country house appeal with classic bow form
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select elm and beech show fine grain interest throughout
- Rich caramel hues beam beneath a wax polish finish
- The upper rail crowned with a generous scroll back for added comfort and support
- Ring turned spindles rise obliquely supporting the horseshoe armrest
- Terminating in out-turned scrolled hand grips
- Delightfully formed saddle squab with pronounced seat
- Standing upon stout baluster legs united by a double 'H' stretcher
This is an attractive antique elbow chair, with great colour and fine English craftsmanship. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 67cm (26.5'')
Max Depth: 56.5cm (22.25'')
Max Height: 80cm (31.5'')
Seat Width: 38cm (15'')
Seat Depth: 42.5cm (16.75'')
Seat Height: 46cm (18'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World