Antique Drop Leaf Sewing Table, English, Rosewood, Side, Lamp, Regency, C.1820
Our Stock # 18.7731
This is an antique drop leaf sewing table. An English, rosewood side or lamp table with boxwood inlay, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- Elegant sewing companion with wonderful late Georgian craftsmanship
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Superb rosewood shows fine grain interest throughout
- Rich caramel hues beam beneath a wax polish finish
- Drop leaf top extends usefully, supported by articulated flying arms
- Boxwood inlay accentuates the top with quality fan shell motif to corners
- Wide drawer front decorated with boxwood stringing, accessed by circular brass pulls
- Sliding work bag with crimson damask to outside and contrasting golden brocade trim
- Of deep proportion, the work bag strikingly lined with quality emerald green baize
- Slender supports and gently tapering legs united by stretchers to each side
- The companion riding smoothly upon a set of four brass castors
This is a delightful antique drop leaf sewing table, as useful today as it was 200 years ago. Beautifully appointed, the diminutive stature affords use as a side or lamp table if so required. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Folded Width: 51.5cm (20.25'')
Extended Width: 84cm (33'')
Max Depth: 40.5cm (16'')
Max Height: 66.5cm (26.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World