Antique Decorative Vase, Japanese, Bronze, Meiji Period, Late 19th, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.7185
This is an antique decorative twin-handled vase. A Japanese, bronze Meiji period vase, dating to the late 19th century, circa 1900.
- An impressive vase with striking detail
- Displaying a desirable aged patina by way of fine weathering
- Bronze shows wonderful tonality with a natural tarnish from decades of polishing
- Decorated with the hallmarks of the Meiji period of Japanese history (1868-1912)
- Wide rim with rolled lip, embellished by way of garland detail beneath
- Panel scenes to both sides with three dimensional birds set amongst forest scenes
- Birds of Paradise inhabit one side with a Falcon or Hayabusa to the reverse
- Superb dragon handles to either side with serpentine form
- Greek key pattern adds interest to the support
- Raised upon a base of foliate leaves with squat, teardrop legs
This is a fascinating antique decorative vase, with classical Japanese detail and appealing weathering. Set to delight, the vase is delivered polished and ready to display.
Max Width: 18.5cm (7.25'')
Max Depth: 16.5cm (6.5'')
Max Height: 31.5cm (12.5'')
Opening Diameter: 6cm (2.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World