Antique Craftsman's Trunk, English, Carpentry, Maritime, Tool Chest, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.7845
This is an antique craftsman's trunk. An English, pine carpentry or maritime tool chest, dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1850.
- Generously sized trunk with considerably robust stocks
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Select pine shows fine weathering commensurate with age
- Stained fascia contrast with the canvas dressed lid and painted plinth base
- Stout lid with braced corners opens wide, resting upon a full-width lip to rear
- Lid interior cheerfully decorated with cigarette cards or similar in decopage manner
- Drop-in divider provides a secondary compartment to the interior
- The front adorned with a beaded diamond motif and small inset lock — key absent
- Iron corner straps provide extra strength for travel
- Drop handles to each end, over broad backplates
- Standing upon a deep plinth foot, crafted to withstand the rigours of Victorian docksides
This is a charming antique craftsman's trunk, benefiting from its generous size and stout build. Could be used as the base for a distinctive coffee table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 94.5cm (37.25'')
Max Depth: 52.5cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 48.5cm (19'')
Main Interior Width: 72cm (28.25'')
Main Interior Depth: 45.5cm (18'')
Main Interior Height: 44cm (17.25'')
Side Tray Width: 13.5cm (5.25'')
Side Tray Depth: 45.5cm (18'')
Side Tray Height: 44cm (17.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World