Antique Ceremonial Axe, Chinese, Jade, Decorative Tool, Shang Dynasty Taste
Our Stock # 18.7056
This is an antique ceremonial axe. A Chinese, mottled caramel jade decorative tool redolent of the Shang Dynasty, dating to the mid-19th century, circa 1850.
- Striking colouration catches the eye
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Heavily mottled caramel jade in very good order
- Hand-carved decorations abound
- Revivalist inspiration from the decorative style of the Shang Dynasty (circa 1556 to 1046 BC)
- The axe crafted in the form of a wonderfully caricature dragon carp's head
- Chamfered blade edge affords safe handling and appreciation
- Copious carved details decorate the handle
This is a fascinating antique ceremonial axe, with superb jade figuring and pleasing hand-carved details. Sure to delight, delivered polished and ready to display and hold.
Max Width: 12.5cm (5'')
Max Depth: 2.5cm (1'')
Max Height: 20cm (7.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World