Antique Cased Optometrist's Set, English, Optical Instrument, Boxed, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.8128
This is an antique cased optometrist's set. An English, mahogany optical instrument box, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Fine display value to this cased set
- Displaying a desirable aged patina throughout
- 211 lens inserts present for the left and right eyes
- Commensurate with age and commercial use, some lenses absent
- Quality case, with fine grain interest and rich caramel hues
- Charming rotary latches secure the case, with inset lock to centre — key absent
- Brass name plaque to the lid, unmarked with weathered appearance
- Lid interior lined with blue, silk cotton fabric - some minor loss
- Magnifying glass and adjustment measure add further interest
This is a delightful antique cased optometrist's set, with great display appeal and scientific interest. Ideal for showcasing within a collection or an institution. Delivered polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 44cm (17.25'')
Max Depth: 36cm (14.25'')
Max Height: 6.5cm (2.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World