Antique Bureau Desk, French, Escritoire, Oak, 19th Century Circa 1870
Our Stock # 18.5122
This is an antique bureau desk, a French escritoire in oak dating to circa 1870.
- A fine example of its type in oak and mahogany
- Appealing biscuit hues in the wax polished finish
- Grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Raised on oblique block feet, the canted corners decorated with floral and foliate appliqué
- The serpentine pediment mounting a beautifully pierced, carved foliate spray
- The side panels in well figured oak and good order
- Arranged 'draw over fall over three shaped drawers'
- Benefiting from working locks and keys to the upper drawer and fall
- Dressed with the original ornate brass drop handles
- Opening the fall offers a generous working space at a comfortable height
- The rear stationery chest offers a single full width drawer
- Over twin banks of four drawers dressed with turned pulls
- Flanking a central cubby hole with decorated pillars
- Over a full width recess benefitting from square pen drawers either side
A substantial, attractive bureau in good order. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 106cm (41.75'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 184cm (72.5'')
Desk Width: 85cm (33.5'')
Desk Depth: 57cm (22.5'')
Desk Height: 79.5cm (31.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.