Antique Bureau Desk, French, Escritoire, Oak, 19th Century Circa 1870
Our Stock # 18.5122
This is an antique bureau desk, a French escritoire in oak dating to circa 1870.
- A fine example of its type in oak and mahogany
- Appealing biscuit hues in the wax polished finish
- Grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Raised on oblique block feet, the canted corners decorated with floral and foliate appliqué
- The serpentine pediment mounting a beautifully pierced, carved foliate spray
- The side panels in well figured oak and good order
- Arranged 'draw over fall over three shaped drawers'
- Benefiting from working locks and keys to the upper drawer and fall
- Dressed with the original ornate brass drop handles
- Opening the fall offers a generous working space at a comfortable height
- The rear stationery chest offers a single full width drawer
- Over twin banks of four drawers dressed with turned pulls
- Flanking a central cubby hole with decorated pillars
- Over a full width recess benefitting from square pen drawers either side
A substantial, attractive bureau in good order. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 106cm (41.75'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 184cm (72.5'')
Desk Width: 85cm (33.5'')
Desk Depth: 57cm (22.5'')
Desk Height: 79.5cm (31.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World