Antique, Breton Cabinet, Carved French Sideboard, Oak, Late 19th Century C.1880
Our Stock # 18.5935
This is an antique carved Breton cabinet. A carved French sideboard crafted in oak in the late 19th century, circa 1880.
- An ornate example of French, Breton cabinetry displaying bountiful detail
- Displaying a fine lustre in the wax polished finish
- Grain interest and good colour consistency throughout
- Stylised carved panels to the sides add further delight
- Vigourously carved crown moulding features a mask and figural forms
- Flanked by a pair of turned finials
- The upper section features three, inset baluster railed shelves
- Framed beautifully by a carved, shaped aperture of foliate form
- Quintessentially Breton, ships-wheel and figurehead mask to the top
- Guilloche carved, bombe fronted pair of frieze drawers feature original brass pulls
- Over a pair of cabinet doors displaying overt craftsmanship
- Pictorial field carvings with more hits towards the ship's wheel design
- Working locks for the cabinet and drawers
- A continuous, tiered plinth base stands upon four feet
This is an ornate antique Breton cabinet is of some character with solid joints and construction. Waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 130cm (51.25'')
Max Depth: 52cm (20.5'')
Max Height: 258cm (101.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World