Antique, Adjustable Writing Table, English, Oak, Johnstone and Jeanes, c.1850
Our Stock # 18.5615
This is an antique adjustable writing table, an English, oak leather top desk by sought after cabinet maker Johnstone & Jeanes of 67 New Bond Street, London. This table dating to circa 1850 around the time of The Great Exhibition.
- Of exceptional quality in the finest timbers
- The oak displays mellow golden tones
- With grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- The adjustable top supported on a ratcheted stand
- The original green leather skiver inset with modest border
- Compartmentalised frieze drawer to one end
- Stamped with the makers mark, original brass lock, key absent
- Raised on delightful, slender, ring turned legs
- Featuring carved, faceted capitols
- Riding upon the original brass castors
A superior antique, adjustable writing table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 61cm (24'')
Max Depth: 39.5cm (15.5'')
Max Height: 70cm (27.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World