Antique, Adjustable Writing Table, English, Oak, Johnstone and Jeanes, c.1850
Our Stock # 18.5615
This is an antique adjustable writing table, an English, oak leather top desk by sought after cabinet maker Johnstone & Jeanes of 67 New Bond Street, London. This table dating to circa 1850 around the time of The Great Exhibition.
- Of exceptional quality in the finest timbers
- The oak displays mellow golden tones
- With grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- The adjustable top supported on a ratcheted stand
- The original green leather skiver inset with modest border
- Compartmentalised frieze drawer to one end
- Stamped with the makers mark, original brass lock, key absent
- Raised on delightful, slender, ring turned legs
- Featuring carved, faceted capitols
- Riding upon the original brass castors
A superior antique, adjustable writing table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 61cm (24'')
Max Depth: 39.5cm (15.5'')
Max Height: 70cm (27.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.