Cart 0

Johnstone and Jeanes, 67 New Bond Street, London

Johnstone and Jeanes, 67 New Bond Street, London
(1840 - ~1880)

Noted as one of the finest cabinet makers of the early Victorian era, John Johnstone and Robert Jupe, trading as Johnstone, Jupe & Co., had been making high quality furniture together, including a patented metamorphic, extending circular dining table. Parting company in 1840, Jupe relocated to Welbeck Street before Johnstone and Jeanes partnered in 1842 still trading from 67 New Bond Street.

Specialising in tables and with a burgeoning reputation, they exhibited at all the major exhibitions. Notably London in 1851 and ’62 and Paris in 1878. With an aristocratic client list, the Royal collection acquired a walnut veneered table from the firm.

The firm traded for around another forty years creating beautiful furniture from the finest timbers and materials available.

© London Fine Ltd, 2016
No part of this web site text may be modified or changed or exploited in any way used for derivative works, or offered for sale, or used to construct any kind of database or mirrored at any other location without the express written permission of the author.