Whtock & Reid of Edinburgh
Whytock & Reid of Edinburgh (1807 - 2004)
Whytock and Reid were awarded the Royal warrant by Queen Victoria in 1838 and proudly displayed the Queen's coat of arms on a painted oak plaque over the front doors of their Edinburgh head quarters until their closure in 2004, just short of their 200th anniversary.
Noted for their craftsmanship and use of the finest materials, the company was established in 1807 by Richard Whytock and John Reid. The firm enjoyed a successful run during the 19th and early 20th centuries furnishing the grand houses and castles of Scotland often in partnership with Robert Lorimer.