Antique Near Pair, Bokhara Rugs, Turkoman, Tekke, Carpet, Wall Covering, C.1910
Our Stock # 18.7143
This is an antique near-pair of Bokhara rugs. A Middle Eastern nomadic Turkoman or Tekke carpet or wall covering, dating to the early 20th century, circa 1910.
- Rich colours and fascinating patterns for this brother and sister pair
- Displaying a desirable aged patina - minimal wear present
- Woven in predominantly red dyed wool, typical of nomadic craftsman
- Incidental colour provided by creams and green hues
- Both rugs centre around Turkoman 'Gul' to the centre - 7 and 6 Gul respectively
- Centralised borders featuring distinct patterns from each other
- Tarantula borders to each end a sign of protection - often used within tribal tents known as Kibitka
- Kilim ends with loose tassels and decorated with colourful motif
This is a fascinating near pair of antique Bokhara rugs, the craft of nomadic Turkoman tribes in the area around the Caspian Sea. Ideally sized for living room or hall way use, they can also be mounted as decorative wall coverings. Delivered ready to be enjoyed.
Rug 1 Width: 110cm (43.25'')
Rug 1 Depth: 1cm (.5'')
Rug 1 Height: 52cm (20.5'')
Rug 2 Width: 114cm (45'')
Rug 2 Depth: 1cm (.5'')
Rug 2 Height: 53cm (20.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World