Large, Antique Telescope Tripod, English, Pine, Observatory, Rack, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.5715
This is a large, antique telescope tripod. An English, pine observatory rack dating to the late 19th century, circa 1900.
- Original painted finish displays a desirably aged patina
- A rare, observatory telescope rack in large proportion
- Highly adjustable and collapsible for transportation
- Variable angle telescope platform, with a pair of rests suitable for an astronomical telescope
- Rests support a telescope with a maximum diameter of 12.5cm (5")
- Fine adjustment possible, threaded bar absent
- Pleasingly geometric tripod base
- Rear leg braced with a pair of screw-fastened stanchions
This is a rare and generously proportioned antique telescope tripod, well suited for use with a contemporary telescope. Delivered ready for observational use.
Max Width: 90.5cm (35.75'')
Max Depth: 111cm (43.75'')
Max Height: 149cm (58.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World