William IV Antique Teapoy, English Flame Mahogany, Side Table, c.1835
Our Stock # 12.1707
This is a William IV antique teapoy, an English piece dating to c.1835.
- Superb colour and grain interest in the polished flame mahogany finish
- Repeating gadrooned mouldings to the lid, stem collar and feet
- Flared frieze in good proportion featuring a Bramah lock and key (ceased to function)
- Raised on a tapered, turned stem rising from carved foliate mount and column base
- Standing upon a hyperboloid platform with rounded detail
- The decorative feet concealing smooth running brass castors
- Opening the hinged lid reveals a fitted interior
- A removable pair of original tea caddies with hinged lids and original foil linings
- Two velvet lined receptacles for absent glass blending bowls
A fine and historical piece of early 19th century furniture. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 45.75cm (18'')
Max Depth: 35.5cm (14'')
Max Height: 72.5cm (28.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World