William IV Antique Teapoy, English Flame Mahogany, Side Table, c.1835
Our Stock # 12.1707
This is a William IV antique teapoy, an English piece dating to c.1835.
- Superb colour and grain interest in the polished flame mahogany finish
- Repeating gadrooned mouldings to the lid, stem collar and feet
- Flared frieze in good proportion featuring a Bramah lock and key (ceased to function)
- Raised on a tapered, turned stem rising from carved foliate mount and column base
- Standing upon a hyperboloid platform with rounded detail
- The decorative feet concealing smooth running brass castors
- Opening the hinged lid reveals a fitted interior
- A removable pair of original tea caddies with hinged lids and original foil linings
- Two velvet lined receptacles for absent glass blending bowls
A fine and historical piece of early 19th century furniture. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 45.75cm (18'')
Max Depth: 35.5cm (14'')
Max Height: 72.5cm (28.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.