Walnut Dressing Table in the Queen Anne Taste, Bartholomew & Fletcher c.1915
Our Stock # 12.1633
This is a superior quality walnut dressing table in the Queen Anne taste by one of London's finest historic furnishers Bartholomew & Fletcher.
- Finished in attractive burr walnut with caramel tones and an aged patina
- The top quarter, butterfly veneered with feather banding inlay border
- Raised on squat cabriole legs all round and a shaped apron to the front
- Tall, triple bevelled mirror arrangement with shaped tops and light foxing
- Outer mirrors hinge inwards with centre mirror tilt
- Hanging in robust walnut posts topped with turned finials
- '3 over 2' drawer arrangement, cock-beaded with fine, hand cut dovetail joints
- Dressed with swan neck drop handles over pierced back plates
- Quality Hobbs & Co. brass locks, key absent
Highly regarded, Bartholomew & Fletcher were a London firm established in 1843 with åÊ premises at 217 & 219 Tottenham Court Road, this piece testament to the high quality of their craftsmanship. Hobbs & Co. of London were a superior locksmith and exhibited at The Paris Exhibition in 1855.
A classic piece extremely well made circa 1915. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 125cm (49.25'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 169cm (66.5'')
Table Top Height: 56cm (22'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.