Vintage Theodolite, English, Scientific Instrument, Cooke Troughton & Simms
Our Stock # 18.6543
This is a vintage theodolite. An English, brass scientific instrument, by Cooke, Troughton and Simms, dating to the mid 20th century, circa 1950.
- Stunning example of mid-century scientific instruments
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Polished brass and metal finish
- Superb presentation throughout
- Main telescope barrel rotates full 360-degrees on its axis
- Primary viewing objective of 35mm (1.5")
- Secondary targeting sight situated above the primary barrel
- Upper spirit level with built-in sun shade — level fluid absent
- Each adjustment knob finished with attractive, tightly knurled grips
- Engraved with the maker's mark for Cooke, Troughton and Simms, Ltd, of York
- Serial and Patent numbers of V03948 and 51.148 respectively
- Mounted upon a detachable tripod base with twist latch mechanism
This is a beautiful vintage theodolite, making for a fine desk ornament to appeal to the instrument collector or those of an engineering mind. Delivered polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 15cm (6'')
Max Depth: 14.5cm (5.75'')
Max Height: 31.5cm (12.5'')
Primary Objective Diameter: 35mm (1.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World