Vintage Telescope, Tripod, Broadhurst Clarkson, London, Starboy, Astronomical
Our Stock # 18.5049
This is a large, vintage telescope on a tripod and supplied with a case, by Broadhurst, Clarkson and Co. of London. An impressive 'Starboy' 3" astronomical refractor and dating to the early 20th century, circa 1930.
- Displays consistent colour throughout and a desirable aged patina
- Original primary barrel in good order with a single indentation under close inspection
- Abundant brass brightwork displays in eye-catching, original order
- By the renowned Broadhurst, Clarkson and Co. of London
- Optics are in good order offering an achromatic object lens
- Offering a crisp, bright and sharp image – inverted (astronomical scope)
- Large 7.5cm (3") primary objective with protective dust cap
- Sighting scope benefits from fine adjustment for alignment
- Single draw tube extends smoothly, focused by knurled wheel moving an internal rack and pinion
- Maker's mark to the collar; Broadhurst, Clarkson and Co. 63 Farringdon Road London
- Wooden tripod in very good condition and standing at 161.5cm (63.5") tall
- Attaches to tripod with two brass turn screws and rotates through 90 degrees fore and aft
- Carry case of stout build featuring felt cushioned stays, dust shade and colour filter
- Case lid features a hand-written note, reminding the user to avoid looking directly at the sun
- (Contrary to the hand-written advice to use a filter, we DO NOT recommend ANY solar observation whatsoever)
This is an appealing vintage telescope, replete with tripod and carry case and perfect for terrestrial or astrological purposes. Delivered polished and ready for use.
Closed Length: 110cm (43.25'')
Fully Drawn Length: 120cm (47.25'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 8cm (3.25'')
Height on Tripod at Horizontal: 173.5 (68.25")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World