Vintage Pocket Compass, English, Terrestrial, Marine, Navigation, Instrument
Our Stock # 18.7346
This is a vintage pocket transit compass. An English, brass terrestrial or marine navigation instrument, dating to the mid 20th century, circa 1950.
- Superb weight and fascinating details
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Heavy brass case with light natural tarnish shows pleasing golden tones
- Glass dial and bright mirror plate in good original order
- Hinged lid complete with folding azimuth sight
- Clear 60mm (2.25") dial displaying cardinal directions with red accentuated arrow needle
- Fully adjustable mechanism with two internal bubble levels, rotation by brass lever to rear
- Larger folding sight for observing sunlight with viewing window within the case lid
- Needle secured for transit with internal lever mechanism, activating upon lid closure
- Engraved table to rear displays the natural sine positions
This is a pleasingly heavy vintage pocket transit compass, with copious details for the enthusiast or collector of navigational instruments. Delivered polished and ready to display.
Max Width: 7.5cm (3'')
Max Depth: 9cm (3.5'')
Max Height: 5cm (2'')
Face Diameter: 6cm (2.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World