Vintage Kimono Chest, Japanese, Woven Reed, Campaign Linen Trunk, Art Deco, 1950
Our Stock # 18.9711
This is a vintage kimono chest. A Japanese, woven reed campaign linen trunk, dating to the late Art Deco period, circa 1950.
- Fascinating example, with fine traditional detail
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good original order
- Tightly woven reed in very good condition and with great colour
- Beautifully clean interior perfect for immediate linen use
- Lid secured with a shaped clasp on circular back, held in place with bamboo pick
- Decorative lacquer panel to the lid presents a large scene of traditional figures
- Two further panels accentuate the front fascia with landscape scenes
- Corners bound with brass cappings an dressed with drop handles to ends
This is a superb vintage kimono chest, with a desirably clean interior and eye-catching outer finish. Delivered ready for the home.
Max Width: 79.5cm (31.25'')
Max Depth: 50.5cm (20'')
Max Height: 36cm (14.25'')
Interior Width: 73.5cm (29'')
Interior Depth: 45.5cm (18'')
Interior Height: 32.5cm (12.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World