Vintage Cased Compass, English, Copper, Bronze, Maritime, Navigation Instrument
Our Stock # 18.7595
This is a vintage cased compass. An English, copper and bronze maritime navigation instrument, dating to the mid 20th century, circa 1940.
- Of pleasing weight in the hand and appealing details
- Displaying a desirable aged patina throughout
- Heavy copper and brass case with light polish presenting golden tones
- Original glass dial and bright mirror plate to lid in good order
- Hinged case lid with useful folding azimuth sight to top
- Clear 60mm (2.25") dial displays cardinal directions with an annotated arrow needle
- Compass needle delightfully crowned with a small blue jewel
- Fully adjustable mechanism with two internal bubble levels, rotating by brass lever to rear
- Larger folding sight for observing sunlight with viewing window within the case lid
- Needle secured for transit with internal lever mechanism, activating upon lid closure
- Engraved to lid for Stanley of London and with the Naval 'broadarrow' device, dated to 1941
This is a pleasingly heavy vintage cased compass, with appealing details for the enthusiast or collector of navigational instruments. Delivered polished and ready to display or enjoy.
Max Width: 7.5cm (3'')
Max Depth: 8.5cm (3.25'')
Max Height: 4.5cm (1.75'')
Dial Diameter: 60mm (2.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World